APC™ award-winning Smart-UPS™ is the most popular UPS in the world for servers, storage and network power protection. Smart-UPS provides availability and manageability to your network allowing you to focus on business growth instead of business downtime. Trusted to protect critical data and equipment from power problems by supplying clean and reliable network-grade power. Smart-UPS’ patented green mode provides extremely high efficiency at low, medium and high load levels making them ideal for multi-core or virtualized servers that have varying load consumption all while saving utility costs.
• Auto recognition of external batteries – UPS recognizes when external battery packs are attached and automatically adjusts runtime.
• Cold-start capable – Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
• Energy meter – Provides actual kilowatt hours of usage for energy conscious users.
• EPO – Attach the device to an Emergency Power Off (EPO) system so that power can be turned off in an emergency situation.
• Green mode – Patent-pending operating mode that bypasses unused electrical components in good power conditions to achieve very high operating efficiency without sacrificing any protection.
• High frequency design – Reduces or eliminates bulky transformers resulting in lighter units for ease of handling.
• High online efficiency – Reduces utlility costs, generates less heat.
• Intuitive LCD interface – Provides clear and accurate information in multiple languages with the ability to configure the UPS locally with easy to use navigation keys.
• Multiple switched outlet groups – Multiple outlet groups that may be controlled separately from the UPS for discrete reboot of hung devices, sequenced on/off and non-critical load shedding.
• Plug-and-Play external batteries – Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads when adding extra runtime to the UPS.
• Predictive replace battery date – Dynamically provides the month and year when battery replacement is recommended to aide in long term maintenance planning.
• Pure sine wave output on battery – Simulates utility power to provide the highest degree of compatibility for active PFC (power factor corrected) servers and sensitive electronics.
• Rack/Tower convertible – Protects the initial investment in the UPS when migrating from tower to rack-mount environment.
• Scalable runtime – Allows additional run time to be quickly added as needed.
• SmartSlot – Customize UPS capabilities with management cards.
• Temperature-compensated battery charging – Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature.